Monday, March 4, 2013

Nuts About Sketches new DT Reveal

Hello, Hello!  I have some happy news to share! 

As of the 1st of February I am one of the newest design team members at Nuts About Sketches!  Today is our first reveal of the new design team!  This is so fun and exciting!  Please be sure to check them out and the new designers as well.  We've got a talented group of ladies.

The sketch shown was the one used when applying for the team and it's being used as our new DT reveal today...




and my take on it...



 
This is my daughter being my photography model during a photography class I took.  I really didnt learn much more than I already know about taking photographs but it was a fun experience and it gave me more 'bonding' time with my girl.

With this layout I used Miss Caroline by My Mind's Eye and as you can see, I stayed pretty true to the sketch because I liked it as is.




I did some fussy cutting with the butterflies and added some matching decorative brads to my cluster.




I wrapped one photo with contrasting bakers twine around the top to kill the dead space.  Also adding another brad to a flower that I cut out.


For the title and journaling, I cut up a pre-printed vellum page by Quick Quotes, making the name strip into a banner.  Its very rare to find my daughters name pre-printed anywhere!


I do hope you find the time to check out Nuts About Sketches and the new design team's inspiration and to join along as well.  Here is the list of the designers:  Any familiar names?

Anna Mills (returning)
Ange Weisbeck (returning)
Caryn Kidwell (new)
Cassy Suszek (returning)
Jessica Shurts (returning alumni)
Charity Becker (new)
Anneliese Grassi (returning)
Kim Watkins (returning)
Sherri Morris (new)
Tabitha Jones (new)
Pat Gent (returning)
Tracy Basinger (new)
Amanda Crow (new)
Cathy Sanders (returning)
Wendy Crowe (new)
Barb Prendergast (returning)


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a great day!
Tracy xo


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your newest DT gig! Beautiful job on your layout!

    ReplyDelete