Saturday, March 15, 2014

1978

Hello, hello scrappy friends and happy Saturday to you!  How is your weekend going so far?  Is it a crafty one?

Today I have a layout that I created for Stuck?!  The sketch to follow for this challenge is a fun one with many possibilities!  Here is my take


This is me in 1978 sitting on Santa's lap.  I'm in the 5th grade and I STILL believed in Santa!  Oh, I would get so excited when I seen him.  I remember this photo being taken as if it was yesterday. 

For this layout I used an older Christmas collection by Crate Paper called Peppermint .  I have no idea why I've been hoarding it.  Sometimes I actually forget which collections I have stashed.  That's pretty bad, isn't it?  Anyway, most of the embellishments are from the collection as well.  I added some wooden accents and some paint splatters.  For my numbers I used Perfect Pearls in gold.  This was my first time using this and I love it!  I will be added more of this to my future layouts.  All I did was color over my acyrilic numbers with a perfect medium brush pen and then dipped a paint brush into the Perfect Pearls powder and brushed over the medium.  Easy Peasy and such a cool effect!  I also added 3D Crystal Lacquer over the top of the Perfect Pearls for a glossy look.

Here are some close ups for better detail

  


Here is the sketch to follow, created by Laura Whitaker.  I hope you can join in!  I look forward to seeing your creations.  For complete challenge rules and prizes to be won click here.  Winners will be chosen by random.  Just follow the sketch below to participate

 
Thanks so much for stopping by and happy scrapping to you!
Tracy xo

1 comment:

  1. great page, loving the woodgrain for the background of this vintage page

    ReplyDelete